Monday, September 23, 2013

Cool Autumn Louisiana Swamp Tours

Louisiana Swamp Tours are doing great in 2013 with lots of birds,
 
 
such as this Black Crowned Night Heron below,
and in some sense of a normal return to south Louisiana summer time weather,
as seen below, we have had a lot of afternoon thunderstorms.
 
 
 
 
It was a great summer for Swamp People TV fans looking for the real and genuine
swamp experience in the Breaux Bridge and Lafayette area!
 
                                          A Wood Stork in a Bald Cypress on Lake Martin


                           Of course everyone wants to see alligators up close and personal!

 
Do you like this one above with the damsel fly on its head?
 
So....
 
 
 
It has been really hot since mid August and I have enjoyed the break, as it produced a great need for a
 
 
 
 change of scenery,
 
 
 
and I have to confess the change was good, as seen below.
 
 
That's 2 redfish and 2 flounders(halibut)
 
It has been a great summer with lots of great flowers
on Lake Martin as seen below.
 
 
 
 

 
If you are interested in making a reservation for a Louisiana Swamp Tour,
 
 

 
or you would just like more info,
you can call me on my cell phone at 337 298 2630.
 
I am Marcus de la Houssaye, swamp tour guide extradinaire,
 
 
 
and if you come to do my tours @ de la Houssaye's Swamp Tours,
 
 
I will be the man driving the boat.
 
 
I was swamp people before it was a TV show!
 
 
 
 
Do you want a little better close up on that?
 
 
 
 
 
Is it real?
 
 
 
 
 
Yes it is for real and thanks to Wolfgang Hasenstein for the 3 photos above from 2005
 
                                                              American Lotus in bloom.
 
 
 
 
 
If you just can't call and need to contact me by text, for a reservation,
or more info, my cell phone number is 337 298 2630
 
But just so you know, I do not text people unless they can't call
 
If you are thinking of coming next month for a tour,
 I might recommend checking out Festival Acadian in Gerard park Lafayette, La.
Scheduled for 11, 12, 13 of October 2013