Saturday, July 4, 2015

Louisiana Swamp Tours July 2015


Don't hate me for the weather report, but 4th of July swamp tours are getting rained out for the third time in a row here at Lake Martin today and it ain't even 3:30pm yet.


But we are here waiting for you should you want to brave the rain chance...


The photo below was how good the weather looked at sunrise and it has been down hill ever since.



Hi, I am Marcus de la Houssaye, and I am the man who invented the small flat bottomed boat tours over 30 years ago, and that is how I am still doing it today, as you can see in the photo below.







The reason my boat does not have a top is because I couldn't go through the flooded forest with low hanging branches if it was protected from rain, but after 3 months and about 150 inches of rain so far this year, I am thinking about it.


I have always done my tours in a flat bottomed crawfish boat as you can see from the photo above taken 24 years ago.

As you can see in the photo above, I am not shy about getting wet and wild while on tour, but I try to protect my guests from getting wet and we dodge the thunderstorms to stay dry.

Also, I do on occasion swim with the big boys you see in the photo above, but no one believes me until they see it. And hey.... that's another way to cool off in the summer time!


I love the summer!


Louisiana swamp tours in the summertime are usually better at sunrise or sunset because you see more alligators in the cool of the day and it is much more pleasant for us temperature wise and.... we typically have afternoon thunderstorms which end before 6pm allowing for a window of time to do sunset tours without the risk of rain.




But this year the weather is unpredictable because it rains everyday and morning noon, or night we have been having rain and I mean for the last 3 months!




  Should you choose to do a tour and would like to make a reservation, I can be reached at 337 298 2630.