Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Swamp People On Tour

The popularity of the Swamp People television show is possibly the best thing that has ever happened to the swamp tour industry. So many people are coming to south Louisiana to personally experience some of what they see on TV.



Hi, I am Marcus de la Houssaye, owner and operator of
de la Houssaye's Swamp Tours at Lake Martin.




It has been a great summer so far.



This momma gator has been on the job 24/7 guarding her nest, and making it really easy for me to put on a show for everyone wanting an upclose and personal experience with a mean alligator.



I am having boatload after



boatload of families coming out for some



real life swamp people experiences.



And I am here to warn you: this is not the time of year for mid-day tours.




Early morning is predictably the best for photography




Not only is it cool,



calm, and beautiful,



we will see a lot of wildlife at sunrise and sunset.



And the heating of the day is not only beyond comfortable, it produces the rain this time of year.



So, though the rain was nice and cool, often there were lightning bolts near the rainbows.






The Swamp People television show is possible the best thing to happen to the swamp tour industry since marshmallows was invented.






But seriously, there has been a return to the swamp like I have not seen since the 90's.




If you and your family would like to visit and join me at Lake Martin or in the Atchafalaya Basin for a Louisiana swamp tour I can be reached on my new water proof cell phone at 337 298 2630.