Thursday, May 5, 2011

Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival 2011

Welcome to Breaux Bridge, Louisiana!



It is crawfish season, and this is Crawfish Festival Weekend



At the corner of Rees and Doucet Streets in Breaux Bridge is Parc Hardy, the home of the Breaux Bridge Crawfish Festival. and it happens on the first Saturday of May every year.

At the same corner is the Tiger Palace, and the coconut shrimp is available year round every evening.




OK, down to business...I took three days off last weekend for Festival International in Lafayette, so this weekend, I will be doing some Louisiana swamp tours from Lake Martin Landing which is about 3 1/2 miles south of the festival.




As usual, tours are by reservation only, and I will be starting early like at 7 or 8 AM. Please call in advance for tour times and to determine if seating is available.




You can call me at 337 298 2630 to make reservations for a Breaux Bridge Swamp Tour if you can tear yourself away from the festivities in Breaux Bridge.




I had the pleasure of running into my good friend Claude Nall, and was able to turn the camera on him for a change.





From the vantage of his kayak, Claude has captured the spirit of Lake Martin in his photography.




And here is Valyrie, who makes ugly, mean faces at me if I don't take her everywhere I go. She is a 4 1/2 month old de la Houssaye's Catahoula.